Mail app constantly crashing

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SXSW123, Sep 17, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2010
    I have a 16 gig, 3G iPad. It has never been jailbroken. It is running the current firmware. A couple of days ago, the mail app began crashing within 3 or 4 seconds of opening. I have taken several steps to fix this:

-- Turned iPad off and back on.

-- Did a hard reset.

-- Turned the mail account linked to the mail app off and then back on.

-- Deleted that account and put it back on.

-- Did a full restore and installed from a backup.

-- Did a full restore and installed as new (which was a serious pain)

Unfortunately, the mail app is still crashing. Sometimes it makes it a good five or six seconds and sometimes it crashes almost immediately. I have just one account linked to the app: a account.

The app has worked fine for several months, since I got the iPad. I have no idea what is going on or why the full restores wouldn't have fixed this. This is the only problem I am having with any app.

Please, any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated. It is crazy that I suddenly can't read e-mail on my iPad. Thanks very much.
  2. macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2011
    How long ago did u get your iPad? Because if you are within your service coverage(or you got AppleCare), you can bring it in to the Apple store. I would think it is something wrong with the hardware(defect?), but the best way to go to the experts.
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2007
  4. macrumors 65816

Nov 10, 2010
    Maybe as simple as a corrupt email message. If deleted it may be fine.
  5. macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2011
    just deactivate the account and try again. If it still doesn't work, you should go to an apple store and explain your problem...