Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2000
Greetings MR!

I've been searching around, and only found a single thread (with no responses) that relates to my issue.
Celeron said:
...One of my accounts uses a Microsoft Exchange server and it has some folders that I don't care to see such a the Public Folders and some other folders. In Thunderbird I can simply unsubscribe to get these folders to go away. I can't however find a way to do this in Mail...
My University has a whole slew of Public Folders (present by default, with proper IMAP configuration). However, the catch is that I do not have access to all of them... all 25,000+ of them. Mail.app (Tiger) wants to index each of these folders. Seeing as I don't have permissions to do so, I only am able to use Mail.app for about 1 minute before I get errors stacked on top of errors saying that I don't have permission to open a specific Public Folder.

How can I prevent Mail.app from indexing the Public Folders? Is there any way? Any help is much appreciated, as I can't really even use Mail.app currently.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2000
I'll be headed back to school this Monday, so I'll be able to see if this issue is only as a result of being off the campus network. I have a feeling that this problem will remain, however. I will update to let everyone know whether or not the issue resolves itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.