Mail App problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Mar 28, 2007.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

My sales team have an email they wish to send out to loads of people throughout the day.

Is there a way to 'store' the original in Mail so they can then just fill in the addressee and hit send?

At the moment they are having to keep going into the sent items box to get the email back as once an email has been sent from 'drafts' box it moves to sent box.

To be able to send from the 'sent' box they need to 'forward' the email but this adds a quote level everytime. So they then have to manually delete the quote level.

I need this pretty quick guys so your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Boobs

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

That's one thing I miss from Thunderbird, the "Edit as New" option.

3. gavd macrumors 6502a

Not ideal, but they could copy (and paste into the same draft folder) before sending one out.

If it's the same email they could just do it multiple times first thing in the morning if they know roughly how many they'll be sending.

4. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

They are PC guys and are complaining its too complicated. I cant argue with them because it is. :(

I'll send Apple some feedback.

5. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Also how do you get a receipt from the addressee when they open it?

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

You can't do this within Mail itself. There is a work around, but this means changing some stuff using Terminal. I'm guessing if they don't like the Copy / Paste method because it's too complicated that this would be a no-go as well. Here's a link to an article anyway....

http://email.about.com/od/macosxmailtips/qt/et_request_recp.htm

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

What if you wrote the entire mail and saved it as a signature. Then, when you needed to send it again, just add the signature to a blank mail, fill in to the To: address and send.

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That sounds like a good idea to me, even if it's not helpful to the OP it certainly is to me!

9. Technolingua macrumors newbie

I found this old thread and thought I would post the solution I found. I am also used to using Thunderbird's "Edit as New". But Mail has a similar option. Select the message in the sent folder then Message->Send Again or Shift+cmd+D. Does essentially the same thing. Hope that helps someone in the future.