Mail App wont open anymore on OS 10.3 on ibook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hadaja, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Hadaja macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2004
    Help I have an ibook 933Mhz running 10.3.2 and for some reason I cant seem to access Mail applic. When you press the mail icon it just bounces up and down then stops without opening. I have to force quit to. I trued using Optimizer and this allows me to use Mail but if I close the program down I cant open it again unless I use Optomizer. It must be a simple problem to fix. I re installed sytem many times and it goes back to this. Please help. Also Safari is doing the same thing. but Internet Explorer works fine. Thanks
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    First try repairing permissions. To do this, open Disk Utility (located at /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility), select your disk on the left and click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button.

If this doesn't fix it, try deleting appropriate preferences files located in ~/Library/Preferences, such as and

If the problem still occurs, try creating a new user and see if the problem occurs there. If it doesn't, then the problem will be a corrupt file somewhere in your main user's Library, which you can use trial and error to find (by moving things in and out of the Library until the problem is gone).