Mail CC problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr Mufakka, Jun 21, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've got two email addresses (same domain) that are experiencing this problem.

To begin with, the email is a pop account. It is being automatically forward to an exchange account. (This was done because there are several pop emails on the .com server. I was told that any addresses that we want to change to exchange had to be under a different domain. The exchange accounts are .net). The exchange account is what is set up in Mail.

The problem is, when a reply is sent to an email, there is a copy of the email sent right back to the exchange account.

In other words...

John sends an email to jane@abc.com. The email is automatically fwd'd to jane@abc.net behind the scenes and shows up in her Apple Mail. When she replies, the original sender receives her reply but there is also a reply sent to her inbox.

Hopefully that all is not too confusing. It is late around here...

2. macrumors member

Check if there are any rules set up for whatever reason. This would cause the emails to be automatically cc'd. outlook > tools > rules

3. macrumors regular

I'm having this exact issue now. It just showed up with ios6. I'm getting cc'd when I reply to an email I received.