Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I'd like to use a desktop mail client for my personal GAfYD (Google Apps for Your Domain) email, because as decent as the GMail interface is there's nothing as nice as using a real desktop application. However, I'm addicted to GMail's way of displaying back-and-forth emails as a single conversation, showing them in your email list as a single message instead of polluting your inbox with tons of "RE: Problem" messages like every other mail system uses.

I know it's a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone knows of a desktop email client that can display mail this way? If there isn't one, I'd just like to say to the developers out there that I would pay money for something like this, as long as it's properly slick.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Most of them have at least some kind of implementation of this, although some are better than others. In Apple's Mail, the option is called viewing "by thread." You turn it on by View -> Organize by Thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.