Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I don't use Mail for much, but my sister just ordered a mac, and used an old .mac address she had, so I could track the shipment. I set up two mailboxes in mail, but now, whenever I open Mail, it repeatedly asks me for both passwords. I know I'm entering them right, but it continues to ask. Any help?

Thanks.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I don't use Mail for much, but my sister just ordered a mac, and used an old .mac address she had, so I could track the shipment. I set up two mailboxes in mail, but now, whenever I open Mail, it repeatedly asks me for both passwords. I know I'm entering them right, but it continues to ask. Any help?

Thanks.

first, did you click on remember password?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There's a bug in some email providers that means every now and then Mail'll go through patches of insisting on your password quite often. It usually passes within a few weeks though. However, it seems odd that both accounts are doing this. Are they using the same incoming mail server? :)

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
^I'm not sure what you mean by that. They're both using .mac accounts.

I do set it to remember passsword, but that doesn't change anything. It still always asks...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, sorry, I didn't realise the second account was .Mac too. What I mean is that every now and then a server-side bug prompts Mail to continually ask for the password. It usually refreshes itself after a few weeks and goes back to normal though. At this stage, I've got no idea of a fix other than waiting, sorry. Hopefully someone else can be far more helpful. :)

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
That's no problem mate. I only used the second account to track a shipment. I'd like to delete the account, but save one of the emails. However, I can't send it to one of my other email addresses. I guess I'll just wait a few weeks and see, it's not a big problem.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.