Mail glitch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jds3266, Apr 26, 2006.

1. jds3266 macrumors newbie

I've been having a lot of problems the past few days with my Mail app. When it opens I get the constant prcessing sign (color wheel keeps spinning). When I go to force quit it tells me that it is not responding. Has anyone had a similiar issue? Does anyone know how to rectify this? Thanks.
    Jeff

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Could be a couple of things. Do you remember the circumstances surrounding its appearance? Often Mail will crash if it has a corrupt attachment or a corrupt preference file. How far into Mail can you get? Can you select Activity Viewer from the Window menu to see what Mail is working on at the time of the crash, or do you not get that far? :)

3. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Instead of starting a new thread, I've got another glitch...

One of my mailboxes gets tons of junk mail over and over. At some point, Mail chooses that there are too many copies of the same message in my junk mailbox and keeps it in the Inbox showing it as unread. I've checked my mail rules and everything looks in line. If anyone has solutions, I look forward to them. Thank you!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Superdrive, have you been selecting the messages in your Inbox and marking them as Junk? Sometimes Mail needs some training. :)

5. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Mad Jew, that's what throws me off. The "Mail thinks this is Junk Mail" banner is up, it knows it is junk, but it just doesn't follow the rules. I have a feeling that is due to so many redundant copies hitting the mailbox at once. Thanks.