Mail Issue and very annoying

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hyped, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Hyped macrumors newbie

Ok..after I updated to 10.4.9 everything seemed fine. I opened Mail and noticed that all my signatures and some headings have been replaced by some strange font. It seems like a system font issue but I don't know. I played with the font tab under preferences but none of the options control these particular fonts. Thanks. I have added a screen shot if my explanation doesn't take, should clarify my issue.

http://mindsinkmedia.com/ishot-4.jpg

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Assuming you haven't deleted or disabled any fonts, head to Font Book in the Applications folder and try to Resolve Duplicates from the Edit menu. :)

3. Hyped thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. I am quite simply baffled. I also took a look at my systems font folder and compared it to an identical machine at the office and all looks good. The machine that I compared mine to also had the update performed on it without any problems.

4. Hyped thread starter macrumors newbie

I am happy to report that the problem has been solved. Thanks to mad jew I was taking an even closer look at my font book today and realized that every single font in my archive was enabled. I am a designer so I have a large collection and I never have all my fonts enabled. For some reason the update to 10.4.9 activated all my fonts. Since I have my font book organized in a certain way I was able to disable all the fonts that aren't installed and enabled when installing a program such as indesign or photoshop. I knew I was on the right track as when I was disabling my designer fonts I noticed that some of them were being used as system fonts which should never be the case. I hope this helps someone else. :D

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm glad you found the solution, mate. Thanks for posting back. :)