Mail Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wato, Jul 8, 2006.

1. wato macrumors newbie

I have recently logged onto mail and it has mysteriously deleted all my emails. I seem to be unable to recover them, service providers believes they do not hold any emails on file. So I'm buggered. Anyone able to give me some ideas of where they could have gone or how to get them back

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There's a folder named Mail inside your Home folder's Library. Does this have anything inside it? :)

3. wato thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately no...... Are there any apps that easily recover deleted files? Seems very bizare, there one moment then gone the next????

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, there's Data Rescue II but OSX overwrites deleted files quite rapidly so don't use your computer in the meantime. Out of interest, have you moved or renamed any folders or files that were not created by yourself, recently? :)

5. craigatkinson macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I had this happen to me once as well. It was very strange.

6. wato thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing had changed, checked my mail before i went to be, everything working fine. The next morning i checked again and mail just had the beach ball rolling for ages, so i restarted and disco, all my mail is gone. Have tried data rescue and things like it but i have no partitions so I'm unable to really use it.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

This really isn't normal behaviour at all though so keep all your files backed up for now. Also, use Disk Utility to Verify The Disk. You won't be able to repair it (greyed out button) from the startup drive but it'd be interesting to hear the results of the checks all the same. :)