Mail junk filters

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by colinet, Dec 16, 2004.

1. colinet macrumors 6502

Just re-installed OSX 10.36 (now upgraded to 10.37) back on my G5 due to various problem (probably System works) everytning is running much smother and faster. Got everything back from Carbon Copy Cloner but I can't find where Mail store all the endless junk mail rules I set up or what the file is called.

2. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

3. colinet thread starter macrumors 6502

Not on my machine. There's no lsmmap but there is an lsmmap2 file which I copied back from my cloned copy but none of the endless rules I's set up were there. Do I need to activate them somehow? The old file was 2.1meg but all I se eis the single default Apple rule.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Funny you should say that, because I was just looking for a junk mail rule I set up a few months back, and I can't find it. I haven't reinstalled or anything either. I was convinced it just appeared in the rules list of preferences, but it ain't there anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: The rule still works by the way. Juat can't find it!

5. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

Yea, the ismmap2 is the later version; I have the older ismmap hanging around with a old file date, too. You might look in your CCC image and find the file to see if it got cloned properly but didn't restore properly. As I recall one can do that with CCC (I don't use it anymore for backup.) If the info isn't there then it'll never be there and you have to start over defining rules.

Good luck!

6. colinet thread starter macrumors 6502

I'ce looked at the CCC image and also the same file recovered from a Retrospect back up. There's tons of stuff in them both but Mail refuses tp see it when I replace the new file with the old one. All I get is the single rule. Weird.

7. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

The next thing I'd try in this situation is to delete mail's plist and the ismmap2 file then selectively restore from your CCC image. What a great learning experience! :p