Mail Junk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtgotsjets, Jul 20, 2004.

1. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Ok, so I've started flagging messages as Junk mail, but they all stay in my inbox. Is this normal?
    Also, when Mail begins to flag them on its own, where do they go?
    I was under the impression they went to a junk mailbox, but I have yet to see one in Mail.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man have your mail set to "training" mode, so yes it will stay in your inbox. If you open your Mail preferences and go to the "Junk" section you can set the auto option there....oh yeah!
  3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    also, i think if you flag it, it doesnt move the email to the junk mail. it just moves all future emails. same goes for the reverse (if it accidentally tags something as junk but then you say its not you still need to move it to your inbox.)
  4. jhomayne macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2004
    can anyone offer any tips on actually being able to get my hotmail junk folder to show up in mail? i get in/out/sent/drafts but not junk which means i have to load up hotmail to check if anything has inadvertantly been sent there

EDIT: aha! i think i worked it out!
  5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    Could you share how you got it to work?
  6. jhomayne macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2004
    it didnt work.. :(

i managed to get a junk folder but my hotmail junk doesn't appear in it.. meaning i have to still load up hotmail in my browser

7. cocopelli macrumors member

Sep 5, 2002
    Spokane, Wa.
    It looks like this thread kinda died in July sometime but this is exactly what im trying to do...import my hotmail junk into mail so i do not have to actually go to hotmails sight. if anyone has any info on how to do this please let me know thanx.