Mail keeps asking me for password.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Balli, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Balli macrumors 6502

I am having problems with Mail. Ever since I upgraded to 10.4.7, Mail quite frequently is asking me for my password. I have selected 'add this password to my keychain', (and it is showing up in Keychains), but every now and then Mail still prompts me for the password.

I have already repaired permissions, any other suggestions?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I got this momentarily a while back. It ended up being an email provider-side issue and resolved itself eventually. It was a bit annoying, but thankfully it's gone now. :)

3. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

I'm continually getting this too.
    Not impressed with 10.4.7
    None of the supposed benefits, and more detriments. Joy

4. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

Well my email provider is Apple. Hopefully 10.4.8 is not that far away?

5. airmac macrumors regular

Just a quick question.

I didn*t update my sysyem because of all the problems people encountered.

Should I update to 10.4.7 or not? Cause my system is doing just fine and I have a few important projects to finish. So ... is this update a must?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Definitely finish the projects first. It's not usually a good idea to make system changes mid-project. However, I've had no problems with 10.4.7 and wouldn't hesitate to update. :)

7. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

I don't think it's anything to do with 10.4.7 either. I've been having that problem on and off for ages and yes, it's really annoying!

8. mpw Guest

Same here. I use a POP3 account and it'll happily collect mail for days without a password but if I collect my mail from that account from work or any other PC when I get home it'll be asking for a password again.

9. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

I've had it from time to time in the past (once every 2 months or so), but since 10.4.7 it's been every other day.

10. airmac macrumors regular

thanks Madjew, I am also waiting for my mirror disk to arrive (for back ups) cause I can*t afford to reinstall the whole system. And yes, I was also having problems with Mail and Password problems, but with 10.4.6 it went away.

11. Dennis S macrumors newbie