Mail keeps crashing :(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bobbin, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Bobbin macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    Hey... I'm having a terrible problem with my mail...

I was sent an EPS file that was too large, and whenever I try to get to the file the inbox just sits and times out. I managed to get the file but I still have this email that sits in my inbox and continues to crash my mail whenever I select it. I'm just curious about the best way to go around deleting it since the program won't respond to it. I'm sure this is a very amature question, I'm somewhat new to Mac's but any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Since I'm guessing you know the name of the file, I'd do a spotlight search for it.

Then, I'd locate it and either delete it, or move it somewhere else and open it.

Hope it helps. :)
  3. Bobbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    Hmmm...I don't think that is an option... I don't think I explained it very well...

I basically can open my inbox and view other letters, but the bugged email sits there as a "new" message in my inbox. I can't open it nor can I delete it without having to select it. As far as I know, I cannot delete an email without having to select it, but when I go to do so the program goes into loading mode and then either loads for an infinite amount of time or crashes.

I don't know if that makes any more sense... or perhaps you are correct and I'm just that big of a moron and need to be walked through step by step. It wouldn't surprise me if I was that silly... Is there a way I can go into the mail folder and delete it another way?

:confused: :confused:
  4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    totally double yea!

So, let's call the big message message A and another one message B.

be reading Message B, and drag message A to the trash. You don't even have to open it, if you do it right. :)

Does that help?
  5. Bobbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    You rock my whole little world! :D Thanks a ton, for answer what was probably the most ridiculous message of the day!! Thank you so much!