mail + .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kangaroo, Aug 27, 2006.

1. kangaroo macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2003
    MS has a product called Outlook Live which (among other features) allows you to link a hotmail or msn email account with your local Outlook folders. So, in effect, Live lets you see a variety of email accounts (POP, hotmail, etc) via one local interface. If away from your computer, you can obviously go to hotmail or msn and check your (hotmail) mail that way. Problem is the program is unstable.

Does Apple offer something similar to this via .mac? Also, what is the max email storage .mac offers?

If Apple doesn't offer this can you recommend another service that does...

2. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    I don't know much about .mac (as I don't have it) but I would assume there would be a simple webmail on the website to check mail.
  3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Mar 19, 2006
    .Mac does not provide this. However, can't you just setup multiple accounts in so each one shows up in the source list (?). I believe .Mac provides 1Gb of combined iDisk & email space... upgradeable to 4Gb.
  4. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    This is hardly new or novel. Virtually every email client on the Mac, Windows, and Linux allow you to access any number of email accounts.
  5. lanray macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2005
    Unless I've misunderstood what you're asking, in Mail you just set up multiple accounts. For example, with another ap called httpmail, I can get my hotmail downloaded to Mail, and it also checks my Gmail. I have things arranged so that the new messages get placed in 2 separate folders, where I can check them.
  6. kangaroo thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2003