Mail - Marking as Read

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AndyR, Feb 20, 2006.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

One thing that has bugged me from day one with Mail is that whenever you change message it marks it as read. I'm one of these people who leaves mail unread so he knows to deal with them, and I'm constantly going back and doing "mark as unread".

Is there anyway this can be set in Mail to NOT automatically mark as read when selection changes?

Thanks.

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I could have swore that there was.. But I have just looked all over the place for it and can't find anything anywhre. I too was also needing to change my settings on this. For the same reasons..

3. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Glad I'm not the only one then! I hunted around some other forums before I found this one when I first got my Mac and found loads of "can't be done" responses so gave up. Just starting to bug me again thats all as all other parts of the Mac experience are so nice and this is really the only bug bear I have with it at the mo, sure theres a way to do.

4. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I suppose you could always down load Mozilla Thunderbird and see if it does it.. I am not 100% sure but I might give it a shot. If it works I will let ya know.