Mail not downloading Exchange account anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fourbin, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Fourbin macrumors regular

My office switched to Exchange a few months ago and I've had no problem getting my e-mail from the server in Mail. However for the past few days, mail hasn't been getting e-mail from the server. It's weird, it doesn't show an error, it just doesn't download any e-mail.

I tried deleting the account and adding it again but now it doesn't pull down any of my e-mails. How can I fix this?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you create a new user account in System Preferences, and then recreate the Mail account there, does it work?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Has your office upgraded its Exchange server? If so, it may have upgraded you into Mail incompatibility.

Advice: Exchange is the unholy spawn of Microsoft and your IT staff. No two installations of Exchange are the same. This means that only people who have specific knowledge of your office's server can give you the help you need with your office's server. And many of those can't.

If you don't want to call IT, then get access to a Windows machine with Outlook installed. Outlook can automatically discover the proper Exchange settings even if IT has changed them. Clone Outlook's settings within Mail. If you have the proper settings but they don't work in Mail, then try Microsoft's POS Mac client Entourage 2004. Unlike Outlook, Entourage 2004 cannot discover Exchange settings. Clone Outlook's settings in Entourage 2004.

Let us hope that your problem is just a glitch. Otherwise, you will have Hell to pay.

4. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

sorry, i can't resist. the fix is to revert back to non-Exchange :D

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Presumeably, by non-Exchange you mean IMAP. Yes. Many, but not all, Exchange servers are accessible via IMAP.