Mail not responding. Help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by laughingbabe16, Mar 11, 2007.

1. laughingbabe16 macrumors member

Jun 2, 2006
    My Mail program was working fine last night but when I logged on my MacBook this morning to check my mail, it opened but then gave me the spinning beach ball. So I forced quit it, restarted the computer, figuring it was just a small error, re-opened Mail, and the same thing occurred. I don't know what's wrong with it.. I can open my mail fine from my .mac account from apple's website but I can't open and check my mail using the Mail program.

Any suggestions please? Like I said, it was working great all day yesterday and prior. The only new thing that I can think of, is adding a smart inbox/folder for my college e-mail. Although, I did that about 4 days ago and haven't had problems with it.
  2. laughingbabe16 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 2, 2006
    Nevermind. I disabled airport, opened mail, and then restarted airport. It did the trick, how odd. But none-the-less its working.
  3. Mystified macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks a million, Laughingbabe! I don't know how you thought to disable airport but I had the same problem and this worked for me, too. Usually takes forever to find a solution but you nailed it for me. Thanks again.
  4. bambangsutrisna macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2013
    Mail not responding, and spinning ball occur.

I work with my Mac Book Air. Yesterday I work very well with my email. Just today morning when I try to connect mail, spinning color ball com out and my Mac hang. I have to force quit. Can you help me how to solve this problem? I am worried about this. Your suggestion would highly appreciated.