Mail options

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigboy99, Jun 7, 2006.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I'm using Mail with Tiger 10.4.6. I have several mail accounts, and there used to be a visible option to choose the outgoing SMTP server/account name when composing & sending. Somehow I've modified the prefs, and can no longer find this option on the new mail screen.

Thanks in advance.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't remember ever having had such an option. I'd like one. Are you sure you didn't use some plug-in to get this feature?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think I remember being able to do that in Panther but I can't figure out how to do it in Tiger. I don't have any Panther machines to check though. :eek:

4. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, it was there from day one. I must've tweaked something and now it's gone.

5. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I'm on 10.3, is this what you're talking about?

Attached Files:

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oh, if that's what you're talking about, it doesn't really change the SMTP server unless you have a different server associated with each account (like if you send work mail from home and vice versa, but have to use a different SMTP server in each location, it doesn't help you with this).

But if that is missing, in Tiger, you can get it back by clicking on the icon on the bottom left of the top pane in the new message, with three horizontal lines and a triangle. Select "customize." Then click on the checkbox next to the account list pull-down. :)

7. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bingo! That's it. I realize it may (or may not) change the server, but it does allow a change to email address on the outbound mail.

Thanks