Mail/PDF Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furryrabidbunny, Sep 25, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I hate how PDF attachments are shown in Mail... as an image. Is there anyway to turn this off... I am trying to send people my resume.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

For any given attachment, you can control-click on it and select "view as icon" from the pop-up context menu. AFAIK, Apple hasn't given us a way of changing the default behavior.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just spotted this app. I don't have any experience with it and it doesn't really appear to be customizable in terms of filetypes, but maybe it will work for your needs.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

As far as I know, IJ Reilly's quick method only changes the view on your end and so, depending on the person receiving this email, they will view it as their client allows or is set up. In other words, an embedded PDF in Mail will show up as a regular attachment in Outlook Express by default. :)

5. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

This has been my experience as well with other mail clients. It's just a regular attachment.

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Yeah, it doesn't appear that way unless someone on the other end also has Mail. And even then, it's being sent as a PDF, not an image. Mail just shows you a preview of it there. I consider it convenient. But any other mail app will see it as a normal attachment. Nothing to fret over.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's convenient if the attachment isn't a two megabyte jpeg or pdf. I get quite a few of these and never really want to view them in Mail, if only because it takes so long for Mail to process the preview, which interrupts scrolling through my messages. I've been hoping for a long time that Apple would fix this, and make previews an option which can be set in preferences. Maybe in the next version...