Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcrockett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I have 2 messages in Mail 2.0.5 that I cannot delete. Everytime I try to delete either one, the Main program crashes... I have 10.4.4 OS X.

Does anyone know how to delete these messages... one is 2 meg and the other is 4 meg...

Thank you,

Roy

BearRanger

macrumors member
May 23, 2005
Deep in the Woods
rcrockett said:
I have 2 messages in Mail 2.0.5 that I cannot delete. Everytime I try to delete either one, the Main program crashes... I have 10.4.4 OS X.

Does anyone know how to delete these messages... one is 2 meg and the other is 4 meg...

Thank you,

Roy

Drag the message straight to the trash and then empty it. You may need to do it one message at a time, emptying the trash between each message.

I suspect you don't have enough free disk space to contain the message you're trying to delete and the copy of the message that Mail tries to create before it lets you remove it.

rcrockett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
BearRanger said:
Drag the message straight to the trash and then empty it. You may need to do it one message at a time, emptying the trash between each message.

I suspect you don't have enough free disk space to contain the message you're trying to delete and the copy of the message that Mail tries to create before it lets you remove it.

Thanks, once I try to drag one, either one, as soon as it gets to the trash, the Mail application crashes. This is after shutting down and coming back up. Looking at the activity monitor, it appears available memory is enough, that is to say, it looks like what I've always had available.

rcrockett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Have you turned off message preview?

And how much free HD space do you have?

Well, .Mac did its sync, I tried all of the above again, deleting one at a time and closeing Mail after each delete... the messages are deleted.

Thanks for all the help.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
rcrockett said:

Thank you,

Roy

I have the same problem.. 10.4.4 mine is 6 meg.. it started after I upgraded to 10.4.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.