Mail Problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by macuser1232, Nov 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

What's going on with my mail? My mail client is asking me for my email password and after I enter it in it keeps prompting me to enter in my password. http://i.imgur.com/zkbjp.png I've tried removing my account and re-creating it.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you've verified that you're using the right password, it could be a temporary problem with the mail server.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

I've noticed it through out today. I did "Reset My Default Keychain" in Keychain Access. Did that do anything?

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Probably. Delete any Keychain entries for your mail accounts. Then enter them in Mail and let Keychain save them again.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

Worked thanks! But I have a feeling it's going to happen again because it happens every time after I reboot.

6. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try restarting your Mac and see if it happens again. It shouldn't.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

8. macrumors member

I've had this happen to me several times over several years and different computers. I think as GGJ says it's a mail server thing. The first couple times I tried checking and changing everything, but that was a pain and didn't help. Now I ignore it and it eventually corrects itself.