mail problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by placebo, Nov 23, 2004.

1. placebo macrumors member

May 24, 2003
    My Mail app is refusing to accept my password for my Comcast account. It is freeking annoying! I even changed my password and everything. This is insane.

Any help??
  2. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    your login name right?

for example you might been to just put in as a username "placebo"
    but some mail servers make you put in ""
  3. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You may very well have a real problem here. Today, I noticed that I was getting a strangely small amount of email. I logged into my primary ISP's webmail site to discover over 100 pieces of undelivered mail. Entourage got it fine. Now, I am trying to figure out what I have done over the past few days to precipitate this turn of events. The only thing that comes to mind is that I downloaded and installed the iCal update via Software Update. Strangely, Mail seems to send mail from this account without problems.

Update: I may have just "fixed" the problem. My sent an email from my primary account to my primary account. Sending had not stopped working. However, I just received the email that I sent to myself.
  4. placebo thread starter macrumors member

May 24, 2003
    I talked to Comcast later that day, and their email servers were jacked.. but it still doesn't explain why I could login through their webpage and not my email application.