MAIL queston??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MattyMac, Mar 28, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Sometimes when I do not have my laptop, I will use the webmail dotmac interface to send email. However, these emails do not show up in the sent folder either at the webmail interface or on my mac in the sent mail folder. It can be aggrevating, when second guessing yourself and insuring that the mail actually sent. Do you know why the sent mail does not show up in the MAIL at all when sending through the webmail interface? Maybe this is a bug apple needs to work out. Thanks for your help.

2. frenetic macrumors regular

imap is rather imperfectly implemented by mail.app, but this one can be solved: just go to preferences/accounts/ and select there that sent messages etc... have to be stored on the server. Two problems: a. if you are on dial-up mail.app will be slower, and b. if your organisation has a a small storage limitation you will have to archive frequently... I personally prefer to keep my sent messages on my laptop, and if I don't find the message in the "sent messages" (on laptop) I check the "sent items" on the imap server. With Spotlight you can anyway look up quickly in several folders....

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Thanks alot! I am going to check into those things.

4. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

There isnt a problem if I send messages from my mac on the MAIL app. The messages are always stored on the server. However, if I send a message from the webmail interface, it is neither stored on my mac, or on the server.

Any other suggestions???

Thanks again.

5. portent macrumors 6502a

In the .Mac webmail, click on Preferences, then Composing.
    Do you have the "Save Sent Messages To:" box checked, and the Sent folder selected?

6. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

yeah I finally figured that out right after I sent that....sorry, my mistake:eek:

Thanks alot for the help though!