Mail Recovery H E L P

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Christos, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Christos macrumors newbie

I backed up my Library and work folders and did a complete fresh install (from a 10.2.8). When I copied my library folder to the new system (10.3.9), my Mail app folders (old emails) were never retrieved. Does anyone know what I did wrong, and if I could ever get them back? I have a few backups that may contain the info I need to find it. But where should I look? ...Anyone?
    :confused:

umm.... was that your main library on macintosh hd or was it the library under userX ? if it was the library under your username you can find the mail stuff under /user/username/library/mail. if you didn't back up that library, then sorry, you are out of luck!

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Can't you retrieve stored messages back from your mail server? If you had a .mac account you could store 1Gb or more on folders easily accessed from any computer, any OS!

4. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Please stop posting the same question in multiple forums, this is just getting ridiculous. Although this is the most correct forum for your question to be in in the first place.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

did you copy the library folder to your username's library folder, or the system library folder?

macintosh HD/Library = bad
    macintosh HD/users/yourname/Library = good