Mail Sent Time Change

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Wardofsky, May 27, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    Okay, I know I shouldn't be doing this because of responsibilty blah blah blah but hey, even adults face this problemo...

I have a project which was meant to be in the morning (date is irrelevant) and i *truly* (I mean it believe it or not) could not hand mine in because I was late to school, we had the option of sending it in but time forgave I couldn't do so.

Now for the dirty bit.

Can I change the time a piece of mail says it was sent such as:

I need to be able to send it in because we get marked on it so please help me.

And don't post up annoying little parental style messages, I could be saving your life in 20-30yrs :D
  2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    i think the server marks them, i don't think that's something you can change... unless you have full access to an outgoing mail server...

could be wrong tho...

3. andyduncan macrumors regular

Jan 21, 2003
    you could always start up sendmail (I believe it is installed by default), then set the time on your mac to whatever you want and send it from your own machine... seems like more trouble than a late grade though. Plus if your Prof is looking at things closely they might be suspicious of sendmail servers who's addresses resolve to dsl accounts...
  4. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    It's not important now, the project was due in a week after I thought I needed to send it.
  5. gotohamish macrumors 65816

Jul 15, 2001
    You luck so and so!

Surely just changing the macs clock would work though? For future reference!

I had an email from 2038 the other day...
  6. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    Nup, I did a test e-mail with different time, no luck.