Mail showing an unread message in iCloud account

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tucker3434, Oct 23, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2009
    This is a new email address for me, and it has no messages. I have received one email in the account, but I have since deleted it trying to correct the issue. My iPhone shows the correct count, and when I log directly in to, it shows the correct amount. I've tried using smart folders, deleting and re-adding the account, and restarting the computer, but so far, none have worked. How do I fix it?
  2. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2009
    Ok, what I've found is that it says I have one unread message no matter what. 5 unread or none unread, it will always say one. My gmail account works normally.
  3. macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2011
    It's Happening to Me!

It's happening to me now too! I've also tried everything you mentioned. Did you ever get it fixed?
  4. macrumors newbie

Dec 7, 2011
    Partial fix

I have a partial fix for this.

In Mail, Under Preferences -> General, you can choose whether to show in your Dock badge the unread messages for inbox or all mailboxes. Choose all mailboxes.

This will fixed the count on the badge on your dock icon for Mail but the count in Mail itself will still be wrong. This will also add unread counts of subfolders like Junk. At least when you glance at your dock you can know the correct unread count.