Mail shows date weirdly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lu0s3r322, Dec 30, 2006.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

I have this problem in Mail where the date of every e-mail is messed up. The day of the week and the month are not separated by a space as seen here:

[​IMG]

is anyone else having this problem? i think it might be because i customized the date in the menu bar and that screwed everything up in mail.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahh, how well you diagnose your problem. You used the system preferences -> international -> formats settings to make your menu bar look the way you want, didn't you?

But that's not what it's there for. That controls the way the system represents dates and times. Every application that uses native resources to handle dates and times should comply with that setting. Meaning, if you opened up iTunes, iPhoto, Adium, etc, etc, you'd find the same thing in many other places.

Ya can't do that. :(

1) Set the formats back to your national defaults.

2) Slap yourself on the wrist.

3) Pursue a different solution, such as iClock, to make your menubar look the way you want without screwing other things up. :)

3. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

alright, thanks...but...you're WRONG!!

I went back to the format settings in international and I just added a space between the day and the month.

PWNED...not really but thanks for the advice anyways because it made me go to the formats menu and realize what I could do instead.