Mail Time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by galstaph, Nov 26, 2005.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I have an issue with mail... my time is wrong by one hour, my system time is right, (well my clock on dashboard isn't it is an hour off as well). Is there a way to get mail to realize the real time?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Strange. Assuming it's not an ISP error, repairing permissions may help. :)

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Clearly, your time is not set properly. Open the Date & Time preferences pane. Make sure that you select Set data & tune automatically: using a nearby time server. Also, select your proper time zone.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is the time listed in the upper right corner of the screen (by the spotlight icon) correct, or incorrect?

Also, when you see wrong times in Mail, are they for all kinds of mail? Are sent mails in the sent box showing up with the correct time? For received mail, the date/time stamp is set by the server, not by you. So if the server has the wrong time, it could explain this. Although that's rare....

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, just reread the post and I just thought I'd say the Dashboard clock isn't related to the system clock. So, check the system time as MisterMe and mkrishnan said. :)

6. galstaph thread starter macrumors 6502a

galstaph

time zone was the issue, maybe, have to wait for a mail message to be sure. My time zone was set for regina not calgary, so this may have been the issue.
    thanks for the help