Mail to HD in Jaguar

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Billicus, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I recently upgraded to Jaguar, and I love it. I have one question to ask everyone: and I'm confident I'll receive an answer. In 10.1 I had Mail set to move my messages to the HD and erase them from the pop3 mail server. In 10.2 I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I tried checking the box that says remove from server after: and I picked immediatly, but It doesn't remove the mail and store it on my iMac. Any ideas?

2. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Re: Mail to HD in Jaguar

Anybody?

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Are you having problems because it's not deleting the messages from the server, or it's not downloading them, or both? I've set one POP3 account to delete immidiately and another to delete after one week, both with the method you've described above, and had no problems with it--

:)
    pnw

4. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

It's downloading them, but they remain on the server. I set them to delete from the server right away. Unless the netins.net folder is really on my Mac? and the folder entitled On my Mac is really just the old mail from 10.1?

5. DjRedo macrumors newbie

Have the same problem

I guess its not helping you much, but I seem to have the same problem. I have a POP account that I use for sign ups and other situations that might trigger spam. I set Mail to delete all mail on this server immideatily after downloading them, but the other day I recieved a message for the provider of the (free) mail address telling my account was more than double the allowed size. I just checked the account again after reading your thread, and none of the mails were deleted, even though I repeated the procedure after my first problems...

I will investigate this, as this will be a problem for me. If i find a solution elsewhere than this forum, I will post it...

Good Luck!

6. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Heres what I did, and it appears to be working: I created a new rule (Mail Menu - Prefrences - Rules) and it went as follows. If any are met, all messages is the rule, move to "On my Mac". Since I had it set to remove messages on the Pop server that are duplicates of those on my mac, there were none left on the server. Wohoo!

7. DjRedo macrumors newbie

Yes, it is working here too...
    Thanks a lot, mate!