mail will not send w/attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dal818, Jun 23, 2004.

1. dal818 macrumors newbie

For some unknown reason my mail.app has decided it does not want to send mail with attachments, it sends mail w/o attachments just fine.

I deleted the user accounts and reentered them and they seemed ok but it is now doing the same thing.

I am running 10.2.5 on a beige G3 that has been upgraded to 500Mhz, it is hard wired to a D-Link Router and cable modem with ISP being earthlink.net and it hasworked fine in the past. I know it is not a problem with my isp server since I can send mail with attachments from my lap top through the same service.

The program had been working fine and I have not changed any settings, I double checked them against my iBook settings.
    :confused:

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

could you explain exactly what happens when you click send? Does it not react at all, does it give you an error message, and if so what?

paul

3. X-Baz macrumors member

no idea if this is relevant, but I had a similar issue with Mail on my wireless network, using a Belkin combined wireless router/ADSL modem, yet Mail was working fine using when I connected to the network in the office. I did a firmware upgrade on the router and it has been fine since - so I am assuming that the router was mistakenly blocking the sends.