Mail won't accept my email's SSL certificate why?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Eraserhead, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I have just setup my university mail to use Mail.app, but the certificate seems to be invalid. Basically every time Mail.app loads it comes up with the certificate invalid window
    Picture 1.png

I have founnd the instructions in the help window below except added the certicate to X509anchors as X.509 Anchors doesn't exist
    Picture 2.png

what am I doing wrong?

2. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Could you explain that again? I don't quite understand. The help suggests to stop that window from pooping up by adding that certificate to a list of permanetly accepted keys.

Can you not do this because you do not have an administrative rights?

3. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No I add it to the permenant list and it asks again the next time anyway...

I do ahve admin rights but I wasn't very clear :(

4. Ollie N macrumors regular

Ollie N

Solution!!!!

I had the same problem until moments ago! If you are running leopard in the show certificates menu choose permanently allow this certificate and click connect. Type in your password and then do it again and you are all set maybe tiger had a flaw that leopard fixed. If you are running tiger try it and see what happens i don't know about tiger because my macbook shipped with leopard i do use tiger on an imac but i don' t use it that much. Sorry if i gave TMI

5. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ Hopefully that will help someone else with the same problem :). I've left University now so I can't test if it works with Leopard/Snow Leopard.