Mail won't disconnect

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veldek, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Hi all,

I (finally) installed Jaguar on my iMac and have the following problem now. I always left Mail open and just chose "Disconnect from Internet" to avoid Mail trying to search for new mail though I'm disconnected. But since I installed Jaguar, this feature doesn't work anymore. If I choose this option, nothing happens and it keeps showing "Disconnect". Hence, I have to quit Mail, if I want to work without being connected.

What could I do? Thanks in advance.

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

are you sure it isn't disconnecting? i don't use it personally so i'm not completely sure...but i do know that there are two different buttons for connect and disconnect when you go to the view menu and select "customize toolbar".

3. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

Yes, I'm sure, because Mail tries to download new mail every 5 minutes and it also does this, when I tried to disconnect. And I don't use the buttons, I use the menubar option, which changes from connect/disconnect depending on the state which it's in.

Edit: And it worked before under 10.1.

4. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

Sorry to bump this, but I really want an answer and I think the little response came from the weekend. It's also better than opening a new thread, isn't it?

Edit: corrected typo.