Mail Won't Hide at Login

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 7on, Apr 29, 2005.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Mail won't hide at login. iTunes hides at login, but Mail won't. Running Tiger, Archive and Install, Preserve Users checked.

Any advise?

Attached Files:

2. TheRick macrumors newbie

Sorry, no advise. Just confirmation that I'm having the same problem. Bug maybe?

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Maybe removing Mail.app from the list and readding it may help?

There have been reports of Upgrade and Archive + Install having a few bugs. Like, dragging QT from the dock and back into the dock and iChat the same will 'upgrade' the icon.

4. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Didn't have the dock problem (cleared caches before updating) and de-adding it and then readding it doesn't work. Are there people without this problem?

5. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I thought I'd post a solution to this problem for those who'd like it.

Just replace Mail in your Login Items preference with this app.

6. robinkaspar macrumors newbie

Mail Won't Hide at Login

Here it is, 3.5 years after this post and I have the same problem. Mail won't hide. Running 10.5.4. Anyone have any tips?

Robin

7. robinkaspar macrumors newbie

Mail Won't Hide at Login

Oops, I didn't see all the other posts. Hiddenmail is still available so I'll try it. Would still like to know if anyone has heard if this is on Apple's radar to fix. I'm guessing not, since nothing's changed in 3 years.

Robin

8. robinkaspar macrumors newbie

HiddenMail

Well HiddenMail seemed like it was going to work, the blue ball appeared under the mail icon on the dock and the HiddenMail icon disappeared but then Mail opened anyway even though I had taken it out of my login list.

Robin