Mail word wrap

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by DND82, Mar 14, 2005.

1. DND82 macrumors member

Is there any way to change the how many characters Mail word wraps when sending email? It's default is 72, however when I try to paste a URL thats greater than 72 characters it ends up getting wrapped and screwed up in the process.

I'm using tinyurl.com at the moment, which helps, but I would prefer to just cut and paste.

Thanks in advance,

Dane

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is a solved problem. You should enclose your long URL is brackets like so: <http://www.my-extremely-long-domain-name.com/which.my.mother.told.to.use.for.this.example.if.you.catch.my.drift.asp>.

3. DND82 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry MisterMe, but that didn't work.

nice URL BTW. :D

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What do you mean, it "didn't work"? The URL will still break, but it should still be recognized as a single continuous URL. Even if your URL breaks into five lines, if you enclose it in brackets as I indicated, it will take you to the proper location when you click on it.

5. DND82 thread starter macrumors member

I emailed a friend a URL with brackets (<>), but it's doing the same the thing. My friend is using outlook express, would that be the problem?