Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anoi, May 26, 2006.

1. Anoi macrumors member

I am using Mail for my email on my MacBook, however, there's one thing i'd like to change, but can't see an option for it :( Is it possible to have the list of emails in a column to the left, with the actual email preview in a column to the right of that? Rather than having them above and below each other? This would make much better use of the widescreen display!

Thanks

2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

as far as i know you cant but microsofts entourage does (outlook for mac) its bundled with office

3. Anoi thread starter macrumors member

:( Ahh well, i guess they might think about that later :) As it would be a lot better for widescreen displays.

4. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

i think theres a way of changing the nib file to do it, do a good search

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Point of clarification: The last version of Outlook for the Mac was the MacOS 9 Outlook 2001. There was also an Entourage 2001, which was part of the Office 2001 bundle. With the introduction of Entourage 2004, Microsoft finally added Exchange-compatibility to its fee-based office communications app. However, Entourgage is not file-compatible with Outlook. Neither is it a particularly good Exchange app. To this day, Outlook 2001 is better. Alas, it does not run in the Classic environment. You must boot into MacOS 9.