Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Ok, i have a group of friend who have been using Blogger for some informal message board purposes, but I am trying to migrate it to a mailing list (preferably with web accesible archives). Now I know there are a bunch of free sites for this, but the ads are really annoying and I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars a year to avoid them. Anyone know of any good places to look for this?

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Any web hosting plan should have this ability and you get total control over it.

If you don't want to pay $10 a month for web hosting, and don't know somebody with hosting who can hook you up, then just use Yahoo Groups or something like that and deal with the ads. You get what you pay for after all.

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Horrortaxi said:
You get what you pay for after all.

Exactly, which is why I'm willing to pay a little bit, but since I don't have any need for web hosting, $10 a month seems pointless. The reason I asked is I thougth i remembered a place or two that offer e-mail list hosting no ads for a small yearly fee.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
There may still be places like that--I know there used to be. Mailing lists have sort of gone the way of the dodo bird though, so there would likely be less than there were a few years ago. Have you searched Google yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.