Mailsmith 1.5.1?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AlphaTech, May 29, 2002.

?

Mailsmith 1.5.1, worth the $70 or not?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Has anyone used, or is using Mailsmith to get their email?? I just grabbed the online demo and intend to try it out, but would like to hear real world feedback about it. Bare Bones is offereing $30 off of the purchase price if you buy it before the 31st (of May) so that leaves me almost two days to decide if it is worth the $70 to purchase.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No idea, but just a quick question. Shouldn't this thread go in the General Mac forum, since it is Mac related?

3. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hmmmm... figured it would work in either... I'm sure a moderator will move it if it really fits there... You there eye??? :D

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm here....he he he...;)

I've never heard of this app before....we're running Outlook Express at work...and at home I use netmail on AOL's site & Mail in X...

how do u like it??

5. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

he he... don't you just love having friends in high places alpha? :p

Sorry i can't give any advice on the mail program. Never heard of it... that in itself is probably an endorsement...

6. AlphaTech thread starter macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hell yeah... it's even better then having them in low places :D

I tried the app... have to say, it didn't do much to endear me to it initially. Besides, I would have to redo ALL my rules, and they are not as easy to set up as delete rules as in the Mail app.

I'm giving it a 'no' vote myself... especially since they will charge an extra $30 after May 31st.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....like I always say....it's not what u know...but who u know... ;)

well...at least u gave it a try...but I'm usually the same way...if I have something that works already...it's pretty hard to swing me in another direction...especially if it's not as easy as just doing it...