Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
As reported by Macminute:
Maine iBook program to be extended to high schools
January 21 - 16:11 EST__ In his first State of the State address Tuesday, Maine Governor John Baldacci told lawmakers the he plans to expand the state's middle school iBook program into high schools. Calling the original US$37 million laptop program a success, Baldacci proposed expanding it from all public middle schools to all Maine high schools, starting next year with high school freshmen. Maine's original laptop program, the brainchild of former Governor Angus King, put iBooks in the hands of every one of the state's 34,000 seventh- and eighth-graders. Rebecca Wyke, Baldacci's finance commissioner, said expanding the laptop program would cost the state an estimated $5 million.
Cool looks like the program is success, good news for Apple.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Maine has a very forward thinking governor. Go Maine! This is good news for Apple. If they can just repeat this in other states.

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
I wish my high school had iBooks... (of course, I'd have to bring my Powerbook so I could be above everyone else).

Sounds good, though. Congrats to Maine and its students!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
im glad my high school doesnt have ibooks, cause girls dig the macs and then i wouldnt be so cool in school :D
girls dig the ipod too, they can do their hair while they listen to music.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.