iPad Maintenance of iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JoeRito, Dec 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

JoeRito

Anyone know if iOS 7 has any built in maintenance scripts like OS X? Otherwise, are there any apps that clear memory, caches, temp files, rebuild permissions, etc?

2. macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Nope.. As my understanding, all apps cannot access kernel and root directory as they are sandboxed. So there is no way to do stuffs that extensive like in desktop OS....

3. macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Download clean my iPhone for windows or mac and that does the job :) you just have to plug your phone into your computer

4. macrumors 604

cleaning apps have a tendency to result in systems that don't boot or things go wrong in strange ways.

5. macrumors 65816

djtech42

Apps can't access the system like that. There was a time when apps could kill background processes to free up memory, but Apple has banned that now.

6. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

"Cleaning" or "maintenance" apps are unnecessary on OS X and iOS. Just let the OS manage itself. There is no need for any 3rd party app to maintain either OS X or iOS.

7. macrumors 65816

8. macrumors 65816

djtech42

If you do a restore, that will essentially clear the caches and temp files.

9. macrumors 68020

John T

I totally agree. Have been using it for some considerable time and it does a good job of deleting accumulated dross.

10. macrumors 68040

My experience is that there is generally no need to do so. That said, when I upgraded my ipad3 to IOS7, it did experience some performance issues that were improved when I did a settings reset. It became less laggy afterwards.