Majestic 12 and Frag.Ops ut2k4 mods

Discussion in 'Games' started by Muskie, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I know some people were wanting to hear about MJ12, so here goes:

Some of you, from that recent CS post, know that I was gonna see if I could get Majestic 12 to work. For those of you that don't, MJ12 is a mod for UT2k4 that is closer to CS than UT. Check it out at http://majestic12.modnmod.com/ It's not for Mac yet, but I was talking to someone on the team and he said the reason for it not being for Mac was that they had no one to test it on a Mac. I offered to give it a shot, by downloading the Linux files (because they were just zips and not exes) and try to place them correctly. Well, so far no luck. I've installed the files in the folders that make the most sense, but I can't figure out how to launch it. I've never tested anything like this before, so if anyone knows something I don't, or has any ideas please feel free to respond.

Since I couldn't get MJ12 to work yet, I started downloading another similar mod for 2k4. Frag.Ops (www.frag-ops.com). It doesn't have the same story, but from what I can tell, it's pretty similar. Real-world guns, physics, and players. Haven't tried it yet, but we'll see.

I have a rather busy week at school, so I don't know for sure how often I can try to get MJ12 to work. I would really like to see this work for us, it looks really cool. Anyone else is welcome to help, or you could try it on your own. Good luck

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I think the easiest way to launch the ini file is with an applescript. I belive that if you have placed everything correctly it should work. I am not one hundred percent sure but I believe this is how they used to lauch the mods for UT. But I could be wrong and I have no idea how to script a launcher, but there are probaly people here who could point you right

3. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

Alright, I'll try and ask around sometime soon. Thanks for the idea.

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

5. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

No no.... sorry. I haven't had any real time to try and figure it out. And I don't know what to do anyway, so I dunno what to tell you guys. Sorry. :/

6. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

It's alright, I'm playing deus ex again (very good game) and barely can find the time for it so buying UT 2k4 for an addicting CS-style mod is probably the last thing I should do. Thanks for you effort though. :)

7. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

There is a mac installer on the fragops site from the first link available at DR2.net and macfpsgames.com. the second site offers some support as well

8. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Also there is a link to an OS X laucher in the forums of frag ops
    try here http://forum.frag-ops.com/viewtopic.php?t=3366 from what i can find majestic 12 is not available yet

9. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

frag ops didn't appear to be a cs-style game or clone, which is kinda what I'm interested in.. TacOps for UT was pretty freakin' fun, and I kinda miss it. Is frag ops a CS style mod? :confused:

10. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Its a modern special ops vs mercenary style game. It seems o be away from the CT vs T but still uses modern weapons