Major errors with toast7 wow stinks!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coffey7, Jul 2, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I'm trying to copy very small video files from my hardrive to a blank dvd-r disc.so far it takes 45 minutes to burn a 1 minutes long video.It did work after all.Now I'm trying to copy 4, 5 minutes long videos.
    format-dvd video
    I'm getting mac os errors that say interface error not stable-16434
    sense key=medium error
    sense code=ox73,0x04
    error osx has to close.

It seems to take forever to copy then when its almost done I get a error message.There is one thing.when i go to copy toast asks if I want to encode to pal format or keep my file ntsc.I was choosing ntsc.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Did you check the install disc to see if it is bad?

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you're doing DVD Video as the format, Toast is probably encoding it in MPEG2. If it's just going to be transferred between computers, use one of the data formats.

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I was just keeping the video format the same and checking with the dvd player on tv and my other computer to see if the disks worked.They were.Now I can't burn anything.too many error messages.I tried a 1 hour log tv show to copy and I am encoding this one to a different format.It takes forever.It only takes a few minutes to burn disks with windows program sonic record now.

5. inigo macrumors newbie

Series Key Error torment

I have had the same problem with Popcorn 1 and now with Toast 7. Before I upgraded to 10.4.6 Popcorn worked fine, every time i try and record a DVD I end up with a Series Key Error and another complimentary drinks coaster... Nothing wrong with the media, they're the same DVD-Rs i used before with no problem. Same result if i copy from a Video TS folder or a disc image.

Ok I thought I need to upgrade to the latest Toast - which worked fine when i made a DVD backup ;) but then i came to write an audio CD... Series Key Error again :mad:

It seems Toast and 10.4.6 just don't get on :(

6. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I had a similar problem with an external burner at work. I changed the DVD for a different branded disk and it worked fine. I dont know if this is the solution to your problem though!

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Try upgrading to the new Universal Binary of Toast 7.1

8. road dog macrumors regular

sense key errors are almost always related to the blank media being used.

use a different brand.

9. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I have and I will try a new disk brand.
    I finally copied a single episode of Doctor Who(1hr 36 min)and it took 3 hours.I can't believe it took that long.I hate to say it but the free windows program(sonic) I tried last night copied it in 3 minutes and that was in a intell 4 3.0,not a core duo rig.I guess that 1 gb made a difference to the old HP.

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Don't know why you have that problem.I make music video DVD's all the time and it never takes any where near that amount of time.