MAJOR Font Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryantheappleguy, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ryantheappleguy macrumors newbie

Hello fellow Mac users :) ,
    I Just did the system update and now I have a major problem with my fonts. My fonts have been changed to some weird graffiti font that I cant even read.
    The font is in all my apps but only on my admin user account and not on my work or gf's user account.
    Is there a way I can just reinstall the default fonts?

=RyaN=

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Before you reinstall the fonts, try using Font Book to Resolve Duplicates (Edit menu). Do you have any theme changers installed? :)

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

if'n it's only happening in your User, then in must be specific to something you have in your own user folder, likely in your account's ~User/Library/Fonts

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

This will happen on occasion in Mail and when I browse in Safari. I spent a couple of days searching it down and found that (and was confirmed by online research) that older postscript fonts and some True-Type fonts will cause the application to use fonts the system doesn't recognize. I once had "Mail" using "Helvetica Fractions" for it's display font and the only way to resolve the issue was to delete it off the machine totally and re-boot.

There is a lot of information out there on how to remove or handle unwanted fonts in OS X, try a Google search like "Deleting fonts in OS X" and you can find tons of help and reading.

But if you haven't already heard, NEVER, and I mean NEVER remove "LucidaGrande.dfont" from the System>Library>Fonts or the machine will never boot up.