Major Ipod troubles

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spooner, Sep 15, 2005.

1. spooner macrumors newbie

i was having trouble getting my i pod to update with new songs, i had about 1500 to get on it but it would only go so far and stop.

I thought it may be something to do with me having no memeory left on my comp so home have all my music on an external hard drive. Followed i pods instructions as to how to move my music and reconfigure i tunes to put my music there etc

Went to update and hadnt put the music in i tunes and it cleared all music on my ipod.....all 7000 song :-(

Now i tunes has all my music in it....updates to version 5 also

It started the update but i now only have 20 odd songs on it.

I have updated my ipod, reset it i really dont know what to do

I have seen the following errors

itunes.exe corrupt file

and

ipod_control/music/F26 is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility

Can anyone help me please :confused:

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Though you didn't indicate, sounds like you're running a Windows system. I would run the maintenance suggested: chkdsk, and possibly some others, to see if they problem rectifies itself.

Give us more details on what system you're running, and what iPod you're having, and I'm sure more ppl here will respond with suggestions.

3. spooner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot!
    I am running windows xp and a 60bg photo i pod

4. spooner thread starter macrumors newbie

i have done the chk dsk thing and it allows me to update a bit at a time but obviously there is still something wrong.