MAJOR problems with boot camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hollerz, Nov 23, 2006.

1. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Someone on another forum (non-computer) was asking about switching to Mac, so naturally I told him to go for it, he asked about boot camp and I said that I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it. Someone who works in an Apple call center then said,

Has anyone had any issues like this, corrupt HDD's etc.? I've never heard of anything that bad!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No. The guy sounds like he's 12-13... Forget it, the majority of people have bootcamp working fine.

3. hollerz thread starter macrumors 6502a

hollerz

thats exactly what i thought, like i said i've had it installed for ages without any problems at all!

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Funny, I too have yet to have a single issue with BC.

5. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I have had no issues either. However, I do know of people who didn't bother paying attention to the directions when they installed windows, and thus had the Windows installer format their OSX partition and lose everything.

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I've installed and run Boot Camp twice. Once on an iMac and a week ago on a MBP, I've never seen any issues at all. My friend did say that his keyboard wouldn't work on his MBP in Boot Camp, but that's all I've heard of. The people having problems are probably people who haven't installed windows before and are not aware how much of a pain it is and messed something up during the install process.

7. wirelessmac macrumors newbie

Hi there guys, My only problem with boot camp is the trackpad. I can't use it to single click(tapping in OS X). I can use two fingers for scrolling but to do simple things like clicking a link on a web page I have to use the trackpad button. Could you please over some advice? Regards, Simon.