MAJOR Problems with Tiger.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mikemodena, Jul 16, 2005.

1. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

I hadn't had a problem with Tiger before I upgraded to .2 and it started off with my bluetooth mouse never being able to connect. It would connect for a few minutes then stop moving on the screen then disconnect. It started working again until yesterday and the same thing started again... now i get no time, display icon, volume icon, or bt icon on my menu bar. I go to system setting to click "Show blah on menu bar" and it doesn't show up. I'll go back to it in system settings a minute later and it's unclicked again. I also can't click spotlight.. if I move my mouse over Spotlight (I'm using my laptops pad now) I get a beachball. I've tried repairing permissions.. but nothing. Anything I can do to try and fix this without doing a fresh install?

2. mikemodena thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Sorry, forgot the link. Look above, there it is now. :)

4. mikemodena thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Only thing that did was send my screen spanning back to mirror. What was it's purpose?

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Hmmm, didn't help? Actually I don't know then. If it's a single app, deleting the plist files helps but in your case it seems like it's more than one thing generating the problems. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Did you install any hacks? Deleting those and restarting might help too.

6. mikemodena thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Ok I think the problem is screen spanning doctor.. I reset the PRAM again and everything came back fine.. so I reinstalled screen spanning doctor and I was back to the problem. I hope I can get it to work with screen spanning doctor running though... 1024 x 768 on a 17" LCD sucks...

7. Andy C macrumors newbie

I had the same issues. The 10.4.2 update was a disaster causing all kinds of file problems that the disk utility couldn't fix. I had nothing on the menu bar either, I couldn't even set a desktop wallpaper as they all vanished. Even dragging a new app to the Applications folder was failing.

Today I ended up formatting the partition, reinstalling 10.4 and updating it clean to 10.4.2. All appears to be happy again.

Andy.

8. mikemodena thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

9. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

isub no more

does anyone else have a problem with there isub since upgrading to tiger it works until u adjust the computer volume then when you open the sound system preference it works untill u adjust the volume agin :( :(