major quandry

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by luminosity, Mar 7, 2007.

1. luminosity macrumors 65816

Jan 10, 2006
    Right now, my ibook is having major problems with its power supply. Basically, I've tripped over it one too many times, and the wires are now exposed on the cord. More importantly, the inside part of it clearly is messed up, because a new power adapter couldn't connect at all. Only my old, frayed one is able to recharge my battery. Unfortunately, even that seems to be going by the wayside now. I have to spend awhile each time to get it to connect and stay connected, and it can be messed up by so much as one wrong move.

that leaves me on the verge of being without a computer. So, a macbook is looking attractive, except of course for the forthcoming updates and upgrades, at a date no one really knows for sure.

i'm really in a bind here, and could use some advice. i'm not willing to sink any money into my ibook for repairs, mainly because it cost 1K and a couple hundred or more would be a sizeable amount of that original cost.
  2. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2007
    Digital World
    How about this:

Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White
    13.3-inch glossy widescreen display
    1280 x 800 resolution
    1GB memory (2x512MB SODIMMs)
    80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
    SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Built-in iSight camera
    price: $1,099.00
  3. shu82 macrumors 6502a

Jan 10, 2007
    Rocket City, AL
    You can get a new dc in board off of ebay for less than $20. Don't write off that ibook yet. It really wouldn't be that hard of surgery.