Makbakpak--Cool or Ugly?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tbear, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tbear macrumors newbie

Have been reading a lot about bumbakpaks: www.bumbakpaks.com
    Particularly, the street flow, a.k.a. Makbakpak. http://www.bumbakpaks.com/flow_mak_lg.html
    The white is supposed to emulate the whiteness of the iMac and macbook. Well, what do you think? Is it cool enough for a mac? It's beginning to grow on me and am considering one because of my bum back.

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I like it, wouldn't mind having that one myself for my MacBook.

3. wako macrumors 65816

I wouldnt mind using it if it was free, but I definitely wont pay for it

i really dont think it is worth 85 bucks. I could definitely find something better looking for that price.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

5. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Personal opinion is Ugly, but ultimately it is you who will be buying/using it so go for whatever you like - would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ugly as sin. You couldn't even trick Stevie Wonder into buying that thing.

7. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

I got this one
    [​IMG]

I think a huge backpack like a makbakpak on your bum doesn't look cool, but hey just buy whatever you think is cool, don't let others decide for you. :)

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Ugly or not the thing I'd be worried about is where it sits on your back. I used to have a one strap messenger bag and it would always end up behind me at about the same stop as the pictures.

As I'd walk my legs/butt would end up making the bag bounce around like popcorn...

9. tekmoe macrumors 68000

lol @ lacoste bag. i can get that same bag without the aligator for about $20. how much did you pay? $150? :rolleyes:

10. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

70 euro's ;) But it's not like the makbakpak is cheap :p And the quality of the lacoste bag is actually quite good. I used to carry around a UDG (ultimate DJ Gear) Bag, which is supposed to carry all my records but it couldn't even hold 2 schoolbooks for more than a month.

11. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

12. martin1000 macrumors regular

13. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Those macbaksak's or whatever they are called are hideous the Lacoste satchel on the other hand is sweet, I saw one in a store the other day and thought it would be cool to carry my MB.....

ShadoW

14. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

That one looks better. I wouldn't spend my money on it though. I got a $40 Crumpler bag for Christmas that works just fine... :)

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

sigh.

tbear, you came here asking if a bag was cool or ugly. My reply? If you like it, and you'd get use out of it... then why not get it? Don't let others tell you whether or not something is cool.

16. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Agreed, if you like the bag then you should have it.

It's not a "known label" that people can brag about owning so I guess they call it ugly. In comparison to any other recommendation so far I don't see the big difference.

It's a nice bag I would get it and I own a Crumpler, STM, Kensington, Axio and Prada laptop bags.

17. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Where did you get it. I like that one:)

18. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Bum Backpacks? Do they come with or without the hobostick?

19. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Isn't it funny- bags are such a personal thing! I don't like those bags- either of them- but if I had to choose I guess I would get the red Lacoste bag- and tear off the alligator.:D

I was going to go with a crumpler or similar kind of bag- but I ended up going with a company I never would have thought of going with- a Targus City Gear backpack.(the one on the left below) It is a perfect bag when you want to be able to take a change of clothes or a lunch in a separate compartment along with lots of files/binders. I thought it might be too many compartments, but they are laid out nicely. Not that this one is anything too fancy, but Targus used to be such the plain jane bag- do you remember when the air padding bag came out?

Although if I had to do it again I would check out the new LL Bean laptop bags- they used to be horrible but they just revamped all of them and in person they look really really nice.

One is here

Another is here

Attached Files:

20. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Ugly, and looks unfunctional!

Get a Booq bag!

21. FragTek macrumors 6502

22. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Since it's tbear's first post, my guess is that he's simply trying to advertise his bag company with a little "guerilla marketing." Kinda backfires when everyone agrees that the bag is ugly.

23. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I don't find it particularly ugly. I also don't particularly find it good looking.

24. codo macrumors 6502

I like that one. The rest are all a bit too "rugged" for me.

25. Captain Science macrumors newbie

Bouncy, I'm Sure!

The pack reminds me of LCE gear from when I was in the army. Looks kinda like a gigantic mutant butt pack. The problem we all had with wearing such a pack was that it tends to bounce with every step you take, so you have a pack bouncing off your butt all the time. Annoying.