Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
jer446 said:
i think the hummer is a waste.. why did you put those two cars in it, the civic nd prius? They are good cars.,.or maybe i didnt catch ur sarcasm??

You make fun of all of us SUV drivers- so we can make fun of you little car people. The prius is just an ugly car with good gas mileage and an horrible interrior. Obvisouly toyotas and hondas are good reliable cars.

As a good friend of mine that has he H1 says: "Talk about my Hummer that way again and I'll run your little (honda, toyota, w/e) over" (obviosuly just kidding)

I would personally never by a Hummer (H1 or H2) though- they are too big, wide, tall, heavy. And the fit and finish. And for the price of 100k hummer I would rather buy a 50k-80k range rover and pay the high repair costs. They have better fit and finish. And probably just as capable ans more technologically advanced.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Can we keep on topic please, this isn't to argue about cars :rolleyes:

Just have some fun with Photoshop taking the micky out of whatever you like!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Hopefully edesignuk has seen the new Mini Cooper advertising campaign... :p

Of course that's slightly off topic, since it's poking fun at people who want to own a Mini, or think they own one.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
I'd do a better job, but it's late, I'm stubborn, cloning my hard drive, and trying to run Photoshop on my pitiful 256MB of main memory.

I also think dürch is the wrong word, but oh well...

Attachments

• CLRflip2.jpg
    CLRflip2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 202

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Ugliest cars currently in production, in no particular order:

2005 Mustang.
Dodge Magnum, new design. Lowrider gangsta minivan?
Newer Thunderbird
Pontiac Aztec
Hummer H1, H2, H-whatever
Nissan Murano
Chrysler 300C. Forget the "no particular order", this one takes the prize.

Now if anyone could photoshop a 300C... ;)

Datazoid

macrumors regular
May 10, 2002
I posted a big long rant here, but I think that it would just make this situation worse. This thread was, as far as I can gather, intended to be fun, not *bash the cars you dislike here*. People here talk about the fact that owning bigger cars reflects on security and "penis size". Can I ask what it means to constantly belittle others, even if those targets of your derision are inanimate objects? Of course, regardless of whether or not your uneducated insults directly state that they are aimed at a human, all of them are, at some level — your end goal is to make yourself feel superior to others. Specifically, by calling people "insecure" and saying they "have a small penis" based on the car they buy. I am not a religious person, but "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone". That is, whosoever here thinks that he leads a pristine lifestyle that absolutely nobody could tear down, then go ahead. Do you watch TV? Oops, thats supporting a "evil corporations". Do you hate corporations? Oops, you're an anti-capitalist ( & therefore anti-american). Do you participate in protests? Well, you're wrong either way there, too. How about purchase only organic, locally grown foods? Only handmade goods sold by people getting a fair price for their labor? Fairtrade everything? Use any "unnatural" cleaners? Don't eat all of your broccoli at dinner? Spank your kids? Forgot a birthday?

Yes, I own an SUV. I bought it after much consideration, as I really am not the biggest fan of them, but it met my needs best. What are those needs? Enough room to carry around an expanding family (4, and growing) with all of our stuff, for road trips, etc. The ability to do some degree of minor back-road/dirt road/etc travel, as we like to do some degree of exploration, visiting "ghost towns", etc. We also intend to move (in the next few years) to a more northern location, and 4WD is especially *helpful* (note: I did not say necessary. I did not mean to say necessary. I said "helpful". I meant "helpful". Please take it at that) in snowy conditions. Our price range was also relatively limited, and I got it at a very good deal. I am also fully satisfied with my penis, and although I wouldn't dare speak for my wife, I haven't had any complaints. Is my self-esteem the highest? No, probably not. Do I intend to piss and moan here? Nope. I'm not perfect, though, and I am aware of what issues I do have. My car certainly doesn't help me with any of those (nor does it hurt, it is simply neutral). I park far away in the parking lot so people in smaller vehicles don't have to worry about being jammed in, and I am careful when I open my doors if somebody has parked next to me.

Who has the inferiority complex now? (by the way, "inferiority complex" is an outdated term/theory based in freudian psychology, although popularized by his pupil, Adler). :rolleyes:

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
brap said:
I'd do a better job, but it's late, I'm stubborn, cloning my hard drive, and trying to run Photoshop on my pitiful 256MB of main memory.

Now we know why he flew so long :p
Everything in life has an explanation ;)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Well people allways want to costumize their cars.. some do it by alone other directly from the factory :D

Attachments

• hummer limo.jpg
    hummer limo.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 143
  • ferraristationwagon.jpg
    ferraristationwagon.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 456venice.jpg
    456venice.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 152

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Used to be a good customer of the firm that commisioned this promotional vehicle, I'm just glad it wasn't time to upgrade my company vehicle at the time it was offered at a discount to my boss!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
The picture below is more about making fun at car drivers rather than the cars. It’s one from a PowerPoint slideshow that is 700kb if anyone wants it. The next slide show the crane following the car back into the harbour after that they get a bigger crane, and guess what?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
mpw said:
Used to be a good customer of the firm that commisioned this promotional vehicle, I'm just glad it wasn't time to upgrade my company vehicle at the time it was offered at a discount to my boss!

OK, that'd suck! I'm pretty amateur when it comes to PS (never actually used it in my life to be honest :eek: ) but is that doctored or was that actually what your company used? That'd be seriously embarrassing!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
mad jew said:
OK, that'd suck! I'm pretty amateur when it comes to PS (never actually used it in my life to be honest :eek: ) but is that doctored or was that actually what your company used? That'd be seriously embarrassing!

Unfortunately that picture has not been PS'd Lindt the Swiss chocolatiers http://www.lindt.com/2865/2866.asp with the golden bunny trademark actually built those things on the back of Smart cars! My firm was a wholesaler/retailer for them and was offered one for about £5K I think, just a little under the cost of the car. We declined, my bosses didn't want me to show up their Audi TT or Merc!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
mpw said:
The picture below is more about making fun at car drivers rather than the cars. It’s one from a PowerPoint slideshow that is 700kb if anyone wants it. The next slide show the crane following the car back into the harbour after that they get a bigger crane, and guess what?

Actually only the car and the 1st crane are real, the photos of the second crane tipping into the water are photoshop jobs. But really, even the first crane was pretty funny...

datazoid: you won't hear me complaining, I can't stand snow so your global warming is really appreciated out here. I'm wondering if you can slow it down a bit tho, summer's coming and I'm getting worried?

That bunny car is adorable... as far as modified corporate cars go anyway, i've never seen one shaped like a chocolate bunny head.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
brap said:

anyone notice the dell bmw running smoothly along? btw, how the **** did he get up there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.