Make it Mine transferred to new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeCase, Jun 23, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Aug 19, 2009
    Melbourne, FL
    I used the the Make it Mine app on my 3G to change my carrier from AT&T to Mikey. When I loaded my iPhone 4 with a restore from my 3G to restore my data. Now my carrier on my i4 is Mikey.

Just wanted to warn anyone that used Make it Mine previously and may not want the new carrier name settings.
  2. macrumors member

Sep 16, 2007
  3. macrumors member

Sep 16, 2008
    Sunny England
    Thats good, i kinda like my custom carrier so hopefully it works for me also.
  4. macrumors member

Jun 16, 2010
    yeah this happened to me once. when i had a 3g jailbroken had the percent. when upgraded to 3.0 had the percent option on like a 3gs
  5. macrumors member

Sep 6, 2008
    I have a different problem

I had MIM change my carrier to PUG. Syncing the new iphone4, my carrier switched to ATT, but instead of having a clock on the top bar, I now have the make it mine custom name ... how do I get my clock back!?

So I have - Bars ATT Wifi .... PUG .... oops!

6. Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    Do a complete restore and make it a new phone. Do not restore from a backup.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2009
    does this work on ipod touches? on the top left i have a custom thing but i cant remember what it was before i used MIM aaaages ago....
  8. macrumors member

Sep 6, 2008
    I might have to live with it

There are too many apps with things and settings in it that I need to keep. If I don't restore from backup, I lose all that, no?

Games, apps with notes, check lists. Anything that doesn't have an outside sync ...

9. macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2008
  10. macrumors member

Sep 6, 2008
    This is what I get ...

I scaled it 50% cause those screen shots are big!

Attached Files:

11. macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2009
    cleveland, ohio
    Yeah it transfers through restores u have to wait for a jailbreak use mim to reset it back then backup then restore and restore from backup. If u don't want to wait u can reactivate your 3GS and do it. Sorry
  12. macrumors member

Sep 6, 2008
    What's weird is that it's not the carrier that carried through. It killed my clock. On my 3GS, "Pug" is where ATT is, NOT instead of my clock!